We had a wonderful Easter/birthday weekend! We celebrated with a dinner with friends on friday, a movie date on saturday (thanks to Dustin's sweet parents for watching Sophie!!), and a relaxing Easter/birthday sunday filled with delicious food, spending time with family, and enjoying our favorite good egg...
Our good egg??? Let me explain.. While working with our infertility doctor to get pregnant I drove past a restaurant called "The Good Egg" quite often. I found that name amusing for some reason and started joking around with Dustin that maybe if we ate at "The Good Egg" it would stimulate my body to make a good egg and we'd get pregnant. At an appt after I had taken all of my hormones and such I had an ultrasound and found that I just had one egg (they hope for more than one just so you have a better chance for a lil babe) and I remember the PA saying "Hey, all it takes is one good egg". I remember looking at the ultrasound screen and thinking that was the cutest egg i'd ever seen and just hoping that that was the one...! Well, it turns out that that was our "good egg" and now we have our little Sophie!!! ha ha probably too much information... but we just feel so blessed to have this sweet little girl in our lives! I often have to pinch myself that this is all real and not just a dream... that's probably because of the sleep deprivation... jk My birthday and Easter were a bit sweeter this year with our favorite little Easter egg... How grateful I am for our Savior and know that He lives and because of what He did for us we can be with our families forever!!
Dustin's so sweet, he made me my favorite breakfast while I was catching up on some sleep
Sophie's first Easter basket! Who doesn't want Desitin for Easter.... and I may have to help her with the chocolate...
Beautiful pictures Mariel! I am glad you had a great birthday and easter! YOur little Sophie is precious!
ReplyDeleteok, this is christina and i really am not sure why it says noodle...
ReplyDeleteThat was such a sweet post Mariel. We can't wait to meet little Sophie.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Jeff and I are laughing really hard about the post above... noodle??
I just love the little good egg too and I can't wait for may... I just want you to come up right now! I want to hold that little cutie pie. And I love her easter basket that is classic. I think I'll put that in Matt's basket next year too. Love you!
ReplyDeleteoh and I am dying laughing at the "noodle" thing! So funny.
She is a wonderful egg (and her parents are a couple of good eggs too!)Love the pictures and can't wait to see her again in person.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom
Man, that noodle post makes me laugh every time I read it.
ReplyDelete